Monday, August 27, 2012

Apple crumble Recipe with Starbucks morning blend





pics are my personal pics

I have a burnt thumb. There are hundreds of burnt biscuits, cookies, and rolls to prove that baking is not my fortay. However, I’m noting if not diligent, hungry, and cheap. So, I tried this dish I found on Pinterest that I could enjoy with my latte. I rated the recipe according to a scale with 3 key points; cost, makability (easy, difficult, moderate), and mmmmmhhhhh.

Cost: $6.00
Makability: Easy (cut apples and butter, stir ingredients)
MMMMMMHHHHhhhhh!: 8 out of 10

Overall: I would recommend this to a friend and will take it to a family gathering and pass it off as my own cause they don’t read my blog! Baaawaahhh! 

Ingredients

  • 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Dash salt
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • Vanilla ice cream
Adjustments:I added walnuts (had some left over) and used an entire stick of nutter cause frankly, I forgot the recipe only called for  cp, but it made the crisp more crumbly, so in the future I’ll keep it and maybe use I can’t believe it’s not butter and 1/2cp white sugar instead of 1cp

Directions

  • Place apples in a greased 2-1/2 qt. shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with water. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, butter, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Sprinkle over apples.
  • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 394 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Originally published as Apple Crisp in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p59

No comments:

Post a Comment